Interim Integral Project Leader
Interim Integral Project Leader
We are looking for an interim Supply Chain Manager for an internationally-oriented client. The client is a multinational firm in the Eindhoven area.
The department of our customer is looking for an Integral Project Leader (IPL). As IPL, you are responsible for the scoping of new projects together with Business- & Product Development, set-up the project plans and team(s) together with the National Sales Organization (NSO) and the customer, organizing all pre-fabrication activities of all materials, organizing the execution of the installations at the customer’s site, and handover of the final system to the customer and NSO.
As an Integral Project Leader you are responsible for the realization of projects from:
- Understanding and aligning the customer requirements with regards to the desired solution, and translate it into an integral project plan containing:
- detailed shop drawings and an overview of required materials & assemblies,
- (committed) lead time for the manufacturing of all required materials & assemblies,
- lead time and required capacity for the installation at the customer’s site,
- integral planning until final delivery to the customer, including main intermediate milestones, and
- integral cost calculation for the total project.
- For that purpose, act as the liaison between the customer and NSO, and the internal organization (development & operations), in close cooperation with / short follow-on the Business Development Manager (BDM) and Product Manager.
- Set up and lead one or more multi-disciplinary project team(s), with internal and external project members and/or business partners/sub-contractors. Align the team set-up with the responsible resource managers. The IPL’s scope is international, so travelling is part of the job.
- Driving the project from manufacturing of the materials & assemblies to complete installation of the solution(s) at the customer site.
- Executing the project within the agreed constraints of budget, time, quality and potential strategic boundary conditions.
- Managing the involved risks, and taking corrective actions if the project runs outside plan boundaries. Timely escalate issues towards the main stakeholders. Continuous communication and alignment with the customer (on site) is a pre-requisite.
- Together with the team, set up a review structure that provides optimal insight into the current status and expected outcome of the project, with respect to deviations on delivered product(s), time, budget, quality (see the project through).
- Training of a local team in the maintenance of the installation until final handover of the solution towards the customer.
In this challenging, multi-dimensional role, you are member of the department’s Operations Team and will report to the Operations Manager. Your team consists of young, passionate, and motivated colleagues in varying settings, depending on the project. You will on-board a department, where free spirit to perform predominates.
What we are looking for
To be successful in this role, you should be/ have:
- A university degree in a relevant technical subject, preferably Mechanical- or Electrical Engineering.
- A strong preference is to have experience in facility- / technical construction engineering.
- You have a proven track record and more than 5 years of experience in leading international, multi-disciplinary projects.
- You are a strong communicator, able to act as an equal conversation partner towards architects and customers as well as towards general contractors and installation teams.
- Structured in your way of working, able to scope complex projects towards concrete well-defined programs, making clear work break-downs, etc.
- You take rapid decisions and act effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of extra languages besides English (Chinese, French or Spanish) is a strong preference.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, do not hesitate to contact Paul Rademaker (email@example.com) or Heiko Vetkamp (firstname.lastname@example.org).